Archive Collection Use & Reproduction Policy
The NWCHS Archives maintains a large collection of original documents, photographic collections and postcards of the local area. The Archival collection is available for study and research; however, in order to preserve original documents and photographs and to maintain the integrity of the collection, none of the materials are allowed to leave the archives or to be reproduced without authorization.
To search some of our available archival items, please visit the Archives page (a work-in-progress).
Reproductions or electronic scans may be requested. Fees charged for retrieval, scanning and/or reproducing are listed below. Any material used for publication or used in the public for any reason must be credited "Reprinted with permission of North Wood County Historical Society". Clearance of any copyrighted material is the responsibility of the person wishing to publish or display said material.
- Each person requesting reproductions or research by the NWCHS staff must fill out the Request for Research/Reproduction form.
- Due to limited staff, requests for materials must be made at least 10 days in advance to allow for processing information.
- Reproduced material may only be used for personal or research purposes. Permission for publication or commercial use will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Images may be resized but not altered in any way, reproduced or sold.
- Students may have photo copies for school projects free of charge however any scanned document or digitized photo must not be used for any reason other than the project they are working on. Digital photos will have a watermark that says "Collection of the North Wood County Historical Society". Scanned documentary copies would be $1 per document.
Archive Research & Reproduction Fees
NWCHS is a non-profit organization. Fees are charged for the research time, retrieval and or reproduction of archive material. Fees also help to maintain the ongoing management of the archival collections.
Fee for 1 hour of research/retrieval of material and postage is $20.00. Fees for copies are extra.
Photo Reproduction Services and Prices
|Single Photocopy (Per Page)||$1.00|
|Photocopies of Digitized Photos (on Photographic Paper)|
|4X6 Black & White||$2.00|
|4X6 Color (Includes Sepia)||$4.00|
|8X10 Black & White||$4.00|
|8X10 Color (Includes Sepia)||$6.00|
|Digital Copies and Scans (Sent via Email or CD)|
|Retrieval of a Pre-scanned Item||$3.00|
|Scan of item not already digitized||$5.00|
Postage is included in the research fee unless the postage cost exceeds $20.